3.08.2012

PARKAS

I am not the kind of girl that will only wear an outfit once.  If you change your accessories and maybe put it with a skirt or even different shoes, the shirt you wore a week ago can look brand new.  I enjoy buying clothes at Forever 21, H&M, and all of those cute but, awesomely cheap stores.  However, almost everything these stores carry are styles that may not be "in" in a month.  Some of you may wonder where you can find that classic black cashmere sweater for less than $200 AND that will hold up for at least a year or so? Or in my case, an awesome spring/fall parka in the middle of winter?  Hey, a girl can dream about springtime!  And to my spur-of-the-moment surprise, my dream came true.

I had taken quick trip to the Macy's in the nearby mall to return a comforter.  The process went along a bit quicker than I had planned, so I had a good 10 minutes to shop around the petites section, (sucks to be 4' 9'', I know).  But on a better note, there had been a sale!!! If I can give you any advice at all, it would be to ALWAYS hit the sale section no matter where you are.  Going through the racks, I wasn't finding anything that caught my attention.  And then, right before my eyes, it appeared.

An awesome Style & Co. army green parka, which, in fact, is one of my favorite colors, just hanging there in MY size.  When I looked at the original price to find it had been $100, I shook my head and thought "Oh no, no, no."  But to think, it was marked down to 50 bucks, with an additional 25% off, along with store credit from my comforter.  After doing the math, this awesome piece of material would only cost me $25.00!!!  Call me crazy, but that is a bargain.  I soon revisited my first reaction and thought, "Oh yes, yes, yes."  I knew that I wouldn't be able to wear this jacket for a few months or so, considering the season, but that did not concern me one bit with such a great price.  But thank god we have had warm winter days here in Jersey.  I have worn this $25 jacket almost everyday for 2 months now and believe it was worth every penny.  Plus, I can get much more use out of it when spring comes rolling around. 

The moral of the story is, if you find a piece of clothing on sale for a really great price, grab it, and purchase it as fast as you can.  Not only is the price phenomenal, but you will also get several compliments on it!  It was just a quick trip to the local Macy's that I found something I've been scoping out for months for a terrific price.  Now,  isn't that much better then buying a full priced item on the spot "just because".  It may take some time, but definitely not the money.  I guess the saying, "Good things come to those who wait." really is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment