5.03.2012

Coupons

I know it may be a little embarrassing for a girl in her early 20's to be walking around with a million coupons in their hand, so I have thought of another solution.  ALWAYS SPEAK UP AND ASK!  This is something my mom made sure I should always do when I was younger and when it comes to shopping it's an A+.  Though this process may not work everywhere, it is is extremely simple.  Bringing up some conversation with the cashier is always a good start.  Then, give a little hint by saying, "Hey are there any coupons available for this week." Some may respond with snotty and rude remarks, but others may offer you something good.  I even use this tip at my near by A.C. Moore!  The best place to use this technique for fashion items, and in my opinion for shoes, is at Macy's and/or Lord and Taylor.  Monthly, if not weekly, these two department stores offer coupons to their costumers in the newspaper.  You are almost always allowed to use that one coupon for the full week and on more than one item.  So, if you are timid about actually carrying the coupon, ask!  Find a friendly woman, strike up conversation, then ask, "Hey I forgot my coupon at home, mind if I borrow yours really quick?"  It's extremely rare you get someone says no because they are in it for the same reason.  This method got me an awesome pair of $95.00 Sperry Top-Siders that I have been eying for months for only $60.00 bucks!  Trust me, that wasn't my first time shopping without some coupons, it works.  Who knows, maybe sometime in the future, you can offer a favor to another friendly, cheap chica!

No comments:

Post a Comment